Sunday, August 20, 2006

I dare to go u-less. Do you?

Genius that I am, I FINALLY figured out why my template changes didn't take effect.

It's because I spelt colour with a u. And the good folk at blogger just don't take too kindly to that sort of thing.

All that is now changing though.

Because I'm officially dropping the u. It's just baggage from the British era that I can do without. And if I want baggage, I'm perfectly capable of supplying my own, thank you very much.

So here goes.

Color. Humor. Valor. Candor.

It sounds so wrong, and I feel naughty just typing that. Dropping the u is like going out topless!

I want to see how long this new u-lessness will last though. Just to show that I am dead serious about this, apart from going u-less, I'll also try really hard not to giggle when people say erb instead of herb. Because I could just never do that. Unless I'm doing a Cockney accent.


Note: I swear I know more words than that. I just happen to think four words are perfectly adequate in order to get the idea across without giving the impression that I'm out to impress with my jaw-dropping vocabulary. I'm not really given to sesquipedalianism.

9 comments:

Ekta said...

haha...cute post!!
and I always have a debate whether to use to u words or not to use the u words!
Btw i love the titles uv given to our blogrolls...thx!:-)

A and A said...

I'm curious to see how long you can actually go 'u' less!! I doubt if I would last very long. In fact, I don't think I would last at all!! :O And it's not everyday that you learn a new word that puts a smile on your face! 'Sesquipedalianism' indeedy!! :D

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha.
Your sesquipedalianism reminds me of Blackadder's contrafribularities in the Samuel Johnson episode.

Also, nice new blog layout!
(Obviously the experiment worked!)

Madame Mahima said...

Color. Humor. Valor. Candor.

LOL! ooo raindrop! living life on the WIIIILD SIDE , eh?? eh??
;)

sesqua-wha?
oh you SHOWOFF, you.\
hmpf.

neighbour- neighbor?
oo oo a few of my favourites
diarrohea - diarrhea
aeroplane - airplane
i think i've misspelt both of them anyway

Raindrop said...

Ekta, drop the U! Give me no U! Give me no U! U-lessness is GOOD for you! Yeahhh!
That's my little cheerleading routine for anyone else who's about to take the brave step. :)

Wishful, I live in one of those evil u-less countries, so I might just be able to pull it off..
Sesquipedalianism is a word I've been using a lot lately. People just look at me as though I have a speech defect. :)

Angry fix, I read that transcript. Blackadder is brilliant! Who'd have thought those stiff upper lipped bastards were actually funny as fuck?

Mahima, yup. I feel strangely liberated. I forgot neighbor! And all those other words! Thanks, I just made a mental note to spell those words a la Americaine. Even it kills my inner Britophile. :)

nevermind said...

Am perversely anal about u's. Like, when Word underlines it as if it's a typo,and then I hit the Ignore icon with ferocity, snarling, take that, bleedin' yank software! But then, it's a side of the pond thing, i s'pos:-D

Raindrop said...

And the funny thing is,I think my decision to go u-less was a tad rash.

I think I might live to regret it. And yes, it's irreversible. If I said it on a blog, I'll have to do the HONORABLE (et voila, no u!) thing and stand by it.

Anonymous said...

Hehe, welcome to the land of oppor-too-nities!
I managed to outcast the 'u's, but can't in my life get into the skins of sem-I and mult-I.

Raindrop said...

Sem-I? *shock and horror!*

I would NEVER say sem-I. One has to have SOME limits!