Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The interpretation of dreams.

I have a theory about dreams.

You never dream about something you've been thinking about a whole lot. You dream about images or ideas your mind's been toying with briefly. An idea that doesn't quite feature in your mainstream thoughts gets the attention it deserves in a dream.

I know someone who will claim that this is his idea and not mine. Well, he's lying. Anyway, I blogged about it first.

Edit: I'm (mentally) filing this under 'Theories shot to hell'. I thought about beating up my roommate all day, and then beat her up in my dream that night.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Xeroc PARC created the GUI. Apple introduced it. Windows made it popular. Who gets the credit? Not Xerox, for sure.

Raindrop said...

Aww, poor G. You think I stole your (my) original idea from you. I'll come over and make you feel better, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

This blog is dead.

Anonymous said...

:) Only 4 days of blogging... come on you can do better...!!! Blogging is habit like thinking is...

Raindrop said...

I agree, gk. The reality is that I'm a busy grad student who slaves for her two (yes, two) advisors.

But no more sob stories, there will be an update soon. :)

Ekta said...

oh well..
thats an interesting thot..!
How does it matter whos idea it was..as long as we get to read it!:-)

Raindrop said...

It's terrible, but I think my theory just backfired. I kept thinking about my super-annoying roommate all day, and then had a dream where I beat her up. I must say it was a satisfying dream though.

4wD said...

Hey, you don't have an email...

this is the new me. Come visit. buy me coffee or something.

Anonymous said...

ekta, you obviously have never been sued for violating copyright law. anyway, even if you did get sued, i doubt it would make any difference to you because you probably don't have too much money to lose.

Anonymous said...

i'd like to buy you coffee, asshole. and maybe we could get a room after that..

Anonymous said...

Then use a fucking umbrella.

Rohan Kumar said...

If this blog doesnt get updated nytime soon, I may not be the only ancientthing around

Raindrop said...

Three updates in one day. Blame it on the final.